Ortiz Salted Anchovies 100g
Ortiz buy their Cantabrian anchovies daily from auctions along the north coast of Spain and process them the same day. They are put into salt for a period of 6-12 months depending on the size of the fish.
When ready the whole fish are packed into tins and covered with salt, to be filleted at home.
It's very easy, you just need to follow these steps:
- Soak the anchovies in cold water for 10 minutes and clean them under running water rubbing the salt off with your fingers.
- Open the anchovy from the top half of the fish while it is still under the tap.
- With the help of your thumb, separate the two anchovy fillets.
- Remove the bone and finish cleaning.
- Dry the anchovies lightly with a cloth, lay them in a container and cover them with your favourite olive oil.