BRINDISA - A STORY OF SPANISH FOOD
Our company name comes from the word ‘
In essence, the business is a tribute to the people who create the remarkable cheeses, hams, meats, fish, and a huge selection of other ingredients that are now enjoyed in the UK.
It is hard to imagine now but, back in 1988 when the business was founded by Monika Linton, knowledge of Spanish gastronomy was almost non-existent in the UK. Starting with a conviction that the foods she loved in Spain deserved to find a wider audience, Monika launched her company on a shoestring.
OVER A QUARTER OF A CENTURY LATER
– A wholesale business providing hundreds of different products to many of the country’s finest restaurants, delis and food halls.
– One of the first retail outlets in Borough Market, Southwark, now regarded as being among the finest food markets in Britain.
– A Spanish cheese and charcuterie delicatessen in Balham, South London, including freshly carved
– Five ground breaking tapas bars and restaurants in Central London.
– A state of the art warehouse and distribution centre in Balham which includes cheese maturing rooms and optimal storage conditions for Ibérico meats, charcuterie, nuts, chocolate, fish, fresh fruit and vegetables.
– Hugely popular ham schools, where customers learn the essentials of carving jamón and to determine the best wine pairings with our experts.
– Our online shop, which ensures that our delicious Spanish foods are available throughout the UK, whenever and wherever you need them.
Fine Spanish food is now firmly on the gastronomes’ map in the UK and our team at Brindisa is proud to have played a part in this change.
Brindisa is committed to supporting sustainability initiatives. View more details on our Charity page.